Monday 29 April 2013

Lurex

















 
Thrifted Miss Shop jacket / Sportsgirl lurex knit / Cheap Monday jeans / Topshop Boots / House of Harlow Rings


Hooray! I am finally equipped with a brand-spanking-new camera, which means I can finally resume my short-lived stream of outfit posts from over two months ago. The purpose of the new camera is for my upcoming overseas trip, but ya know, two birds one stone.
 
These photos were taken by my giggling best friend/housemate (she felt like an idiot taking them) in our very glamorous backyard. It may be a bit of trial and error for a while, which we discovered when trying to find a spot with suitable lighting in the dappled afternoon light. As you can probably see, at times the light completely bounced off my painfully pale skin.
 
Moving on to the actual outfit.
 
While we are only just coming into the cooler weather, I can already tell that this recently purchased lurex knit will be a favourite of mine. It's slightly hard to see in the photos above, but it has a gold lurex thread weaved through it, which satisfies my inner 5-year-old who is still attracted to a little bit of sparkle. I found this (faux) leather jacket at a thrift shop for about $5 and it has paid for itself a thousand times in the amount of times I've worn it. I feel like it's a nice contrast to the sparkle of the knit and it makes me feel a little bit tough (I'm really not).
 
Cheap Monday jeans are my go-to jean, and these are my absolute favourite. I bought these ones nearly four years ago and they have served me well. Being 180cm tall (5'11") means I struggle to find jeans long enough, but Cheap Monday are one of those labels that thoughtfully make their jeans in different lengths. Perfect! (ps. They are not paying me to say any of this. I'm just really passionate about a good jean).
 
I have worn these boots before in an outfit post here with a summer dress, but here they are now with a winter look. You will probably see them another thousand times on my blog. I really don't think I need to harp on again about how much I love them. You can see it all on my last post that they feature in. But seriously. Best $150 I've ever spent. Velvet, leather and metal details. Enough said.
 
All in all, I'm quite impressed with the new camera and the pictures it produces. I would love to be able to have an SLR but it's just not practical for my trip and I feel that it wouldn't get the kind of use it deserves. If you're interested in the one I purchased, you can find more information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment